Did you find something informative while browsing and want to save it on your device? Taking screenshot is a right and easiest way to keep the screen as it is. Although capturing the things displayed on the screen is easy, but you ever want to capture a whole web page, then read on. Here are some ways to capture the screenshot in both manners.
Taking a screenshot of the full page on Google Chrome:
There are several built-in screenshot functions available in Microsoft Windows that you can use to take screenshot easily such as print screen and Snipping Tool. Similarly, with onscreen controls (Shift+Command+5) in Mac, you can take a screenshot as you want. This is all about capturing the things appearing on monitor, but if you want to screenshot a complete web page, use below steps.
As extensions enhance the capability of a browser to screenshot whole web page, you also need to add an extension “Full Page Screen Capture” to your Chrome browser.
1. Open your ‘Chrome’ browser.
2. Navigate to ‘Chrome Store.’
3. Search for ‘Full Page Screen Capture’ extension. If you find any difficulty, search directly from the home page.
4. Select the extension from the search.
5. Click the blue ‘Add to Chrome’ button.
6. Click ‘Add extension’ button on the confirmation prompt.
7. Wait for the extension to install and add to the browser.
8. Now, navigate to the website, webpage, or anything (in browser) you want to screenshot.
9. When you’re on the screen, click ‘Full Page Screen Capture’ (Camera) icon at the right side of the Chrome toolbar. If the icon is not appearing here, find it in Chrome menu.
10. Clicking the icon prompts Chrome to start capturing the page.
11. Wait for capturing process to get complete.
The process will take some seconds to some minutes depending on the length of the page. Once it captured, an image of the screenshot opens in a new tab. Click the ‘Download/PDF download’ button to save the screenshot. Choose a specific location and allow access, if asked.
You can use the screenshot key to take a screenshot in iPhone easily. But, if any button stops working, then here is one more way with that you can take a screenshot on your iPhone.
1. Go to settings of your iPhone.
2. Select ‘General.’
3. Scroll down and tap ‘Accessibility.’
4. Scroll down to the middle and tap ‘AssistiveTouch.’
5. Tap the button to enable the feature.
6. Now, minimize settings by pressing the ‘Home’ button.
7. Launch ‘Google Chrome.’
8. Navigate to the website, webpage, or anything (in browser) you want to screenshot.
9. When you’re on the screen, tap on ‘AssistiveTouch’ button.
10. Tap on ‘Device’ in the opened menu.
11. Now, tap ‘More.’
12. Next, tap on ‘Screenshot.’
13. Captured screenshot of the Chrome appears on the screen.
14. Swipe the captured screenshot toward the left to save.
If you don’t want to install a Screenshot app in your device, then you’ve to use the screenshot keys to capture a page in Chrome. But if the volume or power button stops working, try to use this app.
• Download and install ‘Screenshot Easy’ app in your Android device.
To set up and use the app to capture a screenshot:
1. Launch ‘Screenshot Easy’ app.
2. ALLOW access, if prompt.
3. Tap ‘CANCEL,’ if prompt to start capturing.
4. Now, enable ‘OVERLAY ICON.’
5. Then, tap ‘START CAPTURE’ button.
6. Tap on ‘OK/START NOW’ button, if prompted.
7. Minimize the app by pressing the ‘Home’ button.
8. Launch ‘Google Chrome.’
9. Navigate to the website, webpage, or anything (in browser) you want to screenshot.
10. When you’re on the screen, tap on floating ‘Screenshot Easy’ icon.
11. Save the captured screenshot.
When you complete capturing, open the ‘Screenshot Easy’ app again. And, tap ‘STOP CAPTURE’ button to disable the floating icon.
John Woods is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for McAfee products at mcafee.com/activate.